If you’d like to submit an article for consideration you can do so through Submittable. Please read my suggestions on the submittable page to help guide you toward a submission that will fit the site. It’s often many months before I can get your submission reviewed. I hope that doesn’t dissuade you, though. Thanks for your interest.
If you have any questions about writing for the site you can email me at email@example.com.
If you’re looking for some examples, here are some of my favorite contributor essays. There have been so many good ones.
- Growing into It: Converting Non-Readers, by an Ex-Non-Reader
- Books Are Meant to Be Shared
- Plausibility in Fiction: Is it a Sacred Requirement or an Oppressive Sacrilege?
- Reading for Health: Using Your Book-Addiction to Stay in Shape
- How Reading Can Improve Your Love Life
- Reading and Writing in Relationships: How Partners Encourage Learning and Enjoyment
- Why Reading and Writing are Inseparable
- Conquering Grief: Literature as a Consolation
- Re-read: Become a Better Reader and Writer
- Why Read in a Foreign Language
- Relating to Unrelatable Characters: Mirror People vs. Door People
- Armchair Travel like a Pro: Reading the World
- How My Favorite Childhood Book Changed My Life
- It’s Never Too Late to Open a Book…Again
- Why Can’t I Remember What I’ve Read?
- How Reading Makes You More Human
- Books on the Dissecting Table: Knowing your books, Knowing yourself, and Improving your Writing in the Process
- The Gender Divide and Becoming More Aware of What We Read
- Beowulf: A Long-Lasting Cultural Critique
- Fiction to Break Down Social Barriers
- Books Provide Good Nutrition
- How to Read Like a Writer: Five Easy Lessons
- The Writing Mentor I Never Met
- The Great Error of the Romantic View of Creativity and Mental Illness
- Community Through Writing
- Your Existential Despair–Treat it Like a Creative Gift
You can many other fine examples in the archives.